Avo Yolk Boat
Avo Yolk Boat
This simple, delicious, colorful avocado yolk boat recipe will brighten up your day and tingle your taste buds. The perfect brunch, with a fantastic salsa on top and crumbled feta cheese is quick and easy to make and will no doubt be a crowd pleaser, both visually and taste-wise.I used toasted whole cumin seeds, which I make by just heating up a small saucepan to medium heat, sprinkling the seeds, heating it and sliding the saucepan side to side until the seeds are aromatic. If you don't have some no worries, just use 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin instead.As for the heat, it's open to your liking. I use Cholula Original Hot Sauce because I know how much heat my family can take, so pick your own hot sauce but be cautious not to overpower the beautiful taste of the roasted red peppers, which are the star of the show.
- ½ cup roasted red peppers diced
- ½ cup cocktail tomatoes diced - use Roma tomatoes as a substitute
- ½ cup chives finely chopped
- 1 ea ripe avocado not too soft
- 2 ea egg yolks
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- juice of ½ a lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp toasted whole cumin seeds or substitute with ¼ tsp ground cumin
- your favourite hot sauce
- If your oven has top and bottom elements, use middle rack. If it only has the top element, use bottom rack. Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, salt, lime juice, cumin and most of the chives. Add hot sauce as desired and to taste. Leave enough chives to sprinkle on top before serving.
- Cut the avocado in half length-wise and remove the pit. Separate the egg white from the yolks and place the yolks in the center of each half avocado. Please on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 425 for about 7-8 minutes. The yolk should look a bit stiffer than when fresh, but it should be runny.
- Remove from oven, top with salsa, crumbled feta cheese, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!