Green Jalapeño Sauce
Aji Verde (Green Jalapeño Sauce)
I came to know about this gem of a sauce when I first had Peruvian chicken. They served this greenish sauce on the side and I thought it must be mint based. Once I tried it, I got hooked. It is the perfect jalapeño sauce you could possibly have with your chicken.I then tried it with other proteins, even on steak, and it did not disappoint one bit! I always have a jar in the fridge and recommend you do too!
- Food Processor
- 3 ea jalapeño peppers, roughly chopped seed them all if aiming for mild, keep seeds and ribs of one pepper for medium, or keep all the seeds and ribs for hot
- 1⅓ cup packed cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup good quality regular mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup regular sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅙ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Add all ingredients except the olive oil to the processor's bowl and using its regular S-shaped bade, process till mixture is smooth and with the top open, slowly drizzle the olive oil in while processing. Refrigerate for an hour to thicken, then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!