Crispy Baked Celery Chicken Cake
Baked Celery Chicken Cake
This crispy baked celery chicken cake is from nostalgic for me. When I was little – and that’s a few decades ago – my mom used to make something we called ‘chicken cake’. The skin was deliciously crisp and the chicken was finger-licking juicy. The only thing I remembered was that it had celery salt.A while back I asked my mom where she found that recipe, and she said back in the days she saw it in a magazine and cut it out. Then a couple of days ago she texts me with the magazine clipping, saying she found it! So I knew what we were having for dinner… and the kids loved the crisp! I hope you enjoy too.The old magazine clipping is included here too! LOL @‘Fried’ in the title! It’s baked of course!!This recipe is word for word from the clip, with my changes.
- 2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt I used Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice I used lime
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp celery salt I did 1 ½
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 small cloves garlic sliced (I used 4, and just pressed them)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs & dip in chicken pieces. Arrange chicken in one layer in greased (I sprayed lightly) baking dish. Cover with fine bread crumbs and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!